1 1/4 cups of unbleached white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
less than 1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup corn oil
1 cup soy milk
1 tsp lemon juice (the lemon juice and soy milk work together to create a substitute for buttermilk)
3/4 cup Sucanat
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups fresh blueberries
1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl, combine oil, egg, soy milk, lemon juice, Sucanat and vanilla. Whisk vigorously to blend all the wet ingredients together.
3. Stir the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold the blueberries into the batter
4. Scoop batter into greased muffin tin.
5. Bake in preheated 400 degree F over for 18 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Remove the muffins from the pan and flip them over to crisp the underside if desired.
Makes 18 muffins.
This recipe is my adaptation of the one at: http://www.readersdigest.ca/food/cms/xcms/mini-blueberry-muffins-with-flaxseed_2922_a.html